Born: 13 November 1994, Prizren, Kosovo
Tel: +420 773 598 244
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8699-2279
▪ Department of Animal Science and Food Processing
▪ Member of the e4 (Ecology, Evolution, Emergence & Epidemiology of Zoonoses) Research Group
▪ I am a part of the Spatial Epidemiology Group at Ain Shams University, and our work focuses on using a combination of field and lab experiments related to vector-borne diseases, GIS, remote sensing, and ecological modeling, trying to understand the major drivers of disease spread and identifying the possible shifts in disease risk in response to global warming.
▪ Project HERA: Enhancing Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) and/or Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) national infrastructures and capacities to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic in the European Union and European Economic Area.
▪ Master thesis: Genetic Background of Adaptation of Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever Virus to the Different Tick Hosts. Including molecular evolution, codon usage & adaptation, phylogeny, ecological niche modeling.
▪ e4 Research Group, Center for Infectious Animal Diseases.
▪ Czech Government Scholarship (Full Scholarship International Student 2019-2021).
▪ Merit Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Czech Republic (2020).
▪ Scholarship of Achievement, FTZ, CZU (2020).
▪ Final grade honors (1.00/1.00), Graduated Cum Laude.
▪ Turkey Government Scholarship (Full Scholarship International Student 2012-2016).
▪ Award from Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science - 'The 2nd Best Student' among 1200 students/High Honor Student ( 3.61/4.00 ).
▪ Graduated Cum Laude.
▪ Science & Mathematics (5.00/5.00).
▪ Molecular virology, virus culture, virus isolation, whole genome sequencing, NGS, bioinformatics.
▪ Molecular methods on detection of Lyme disease pathogen.
▪ Research activities: understanding the population structure, intra/inter-specific interactions of sand flies and mosquito species, understanding the effects of climatic changing on vector populations and vector-borne diseases, epidemiology of cutaneous/visceral leishmaniasis and malaria.
▪ Learning methods/skills: DNA & RNA isolation, PCR, qPCR, QF-PCR, Gel electrophoresis, Comparative genomic hybridization, MLPA, NGS, Misec-Illumina, Sanger Sequencing, Karyotype, Tissue culture, Fluorescence in situ hybridization, Chromosomal staining techniques.
▪ This project supports the data collection on vectors and pathogens related to animal and human health. The project includes information on the distribution of ticks, mosquitoes, sand flies and biting midges.
▪ Poster Presentation: Mapping the potential distribution of the principal vector of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus Hyalomma marginatum in the Old World.
▪ Poster Presentation: Re-Emergence of BTV-4 in Sheep Farms in Kosovo, 2020: A Retrospective Study.
▪ Oral Presentation: Genetic Background of Adaptation of Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever Virus to the Different Tick Hosts.
▪ Organized by Institut Pasteur, France.
▪ Sequencing, Multiple Alignments, Phylogenetics for Veterinarian Virology and Medical Entomology, Phylodynamics, Evolutionary Models (Distance, Parcimony, ML), Bayesian Methods.
2. Seyma S. Celina, Simon King, Martin Ashby, Katie Harris, Noemi Polo, Mentor Alishani, Avni Robaj, Afrim Hamidi, Driton Sylejmani, Carrie Batten, Jiří Černý, "Re-Emergence of BTV-4 in Sheep Farms in Kosovo, 2020: A Retrospective Study", Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, vol. 2023, Article ID 3112126, 10 pages, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1155/2023/3112126.
4. Mapping the potential distribution of the principal vector of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus Hyalomma marginatum in the Old World. (In Revision)
5. Genetic Background of Adaptation of Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever Virus to the Different Tick Hosts. (In Revision)